Your biggest day shouldn’t be left to chance. Let us handle all the details so you can relax and enjoy!
Founded on the belief that every couple should have a wedding planner, Soirée Wedding Planning is your premier, professional wedding planning company. From the color scheme to the flowers, down to the tiniest accents on each table, a wedding is full of decisions and elements, large and small. Planning and managing all of these details can be incredibly stressful. With an advocate on your side who has the knowledge and experience derived from planning HUNDREDS of weddings, you can enjoy peace of mind that everything is under control. We’ll sweat the small stuff, so you can focus on the fun!
Soirée is the top choice for wedding & event planning for all couples in Eastern Iowa. With more than 450 weddings planned over the years, we have proven ourselves as the experts in our field. Every wedding we plan is done with love, care, and great attention to the details to fit your personal style and celebrate the unique love of the couple. Our vibrant enthusiasm and true joy for what we do, combined with our (borderline obsessive) attention to detail, top-notch organizational skills, and discerning eye ensure your event will be a success. Plus, having worked in the industry for years and built up a strong professional network, we have connections with the best vendors in the business. Every step of the planning process, we’ll be right with you. From your engagement celebration to the last good-byes at the wedding, we’re by your side. We’ll take the event you have in your mind and bring it to life by carefully conceptualizing, honing, and executing it to perfection.
Contact us today to start planning the wedding of your dreams!
“Emily is AMAZING! She is the most helpful person and has so much wedding experience that she will put you completely at ease. She is so positive and accommodating with every aspect of wedding planning.”
– Jessica & Scott
All About Emily
- I am the owner of Soirée [swäˈrā]. People often ask me how I decided on the name of the company and it is French for an ‘evening party’. I thought it was pretty perfect, don’t you?
- I have been planning weddings and other events since college. In November of 2018, I made the leap to work on my business full-time, and it was the best business decision I have ever made!
- I am a Certified Wedding Planner (CWP) with accreditation from the illustrious Wedding Planning Institute.
- I love spending time with my friends and my family. I’m married to a wonderful husband who is a real estate appraiser in Cedar Rapids. We have two children and an adorable Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier named Westley.
- I have seriously insane obsessions with Starbucks, spicy tuna rolls, Friends, Harry Potter, the Bachelor/ette, NPR, and Apple products.
- I am a 2016 recipient of the Corridor Business Journal’s ‘Forty Under 40’ award given to leaders making a difference in the area.
- I am a graduate of the University of Iowa with a degree called Performing Arts Entrepreneurship. During college, I had internships at the Englert, Riverside Theatre, and Summer of the Arts. The first six years of my professional, post-college career were spent at hotelVetro and the Sheraton (now the Graduate Hotel) in Iowa City as well as the DoubleTree by Hilton in Cedar Rapids. I planned and managed weddings, social events, corporate functions, hotel room blocks, and other conferences throughout my time there.
- My calling in life is organization & project management, but my passion is helping people, especially with planning weddings or other events. I seriously love what I do and can’t imagine doing anything else!
All About Caitlyn
- I got my start in weddings and events at a large, full-service event center in Cedar Falls. I worked there as a Banquet Manager and as an Assistant Event Coordinator which gave me great experience working with clients and executing events, large and small. The first wedding I ever did there was for over 450 people in a space that was supposed to seat 400, but somehow we got everyone in and it was a success!
- I’ve never seen one wedding that was the same as another, that’s what I love about them! No matter how “similar” someone thinks their vision might be to another, they’re never ever the same and each one is unique!
- My favorite part of weddings is when the couple sees each other for the first time! Whether they do a first look or wait until the ceremony starts, the look on both of their faces gets me every time! Don’t be surprised if you see me getting a little teary at some point during the day!
- I graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 2017 with a degree in Social Work and a minor in Criminology. I worked in the service industry during college as a restaurant hostess and server starting in my Sophomore year. That led me to serve at a local barbecue restaurant, that I LOVED but is now closed… It also introduced me to my other half, Matt, plus got me into my work now! I basically owe it all to my best friend because she convinced me to apply there in the first place, so who knows where I’d be today if I hadn’t!
- My all-time favorite things are french fries and chocolate, tigers and cows and anything rose gold!
- I have two big guilty pleasures! The first is watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Their lives are so crazy and I just can’t help but watch. The second is still playing Candy Crush. I can’t even admit what level I’m on… Don’t judge me!
- Helping people make their visions of their special events a reality is the best part of this job! I love being able to make people happy by doing what it takes to bring things to life for them. Finding Soirée has shown to be one of the greatest opportunities for me yet and I’m so excited to be here!
All About Alexis
- My favorite part of wedding planning and event planning, in general, is seeing the final product come together. The vision that someone’s had for months, years or as far back as they can remember, finally being realized into what their dreams are made of and not having to stress too hard about it in the meantime, is what my dreams are made of.
- I have spent my entire working career in customer service (12 years) and have had the opportunity to plan, set up and execute a variety of events at a variety of restaurants. I am currently the bar manager at Reds Alehouse where, on top of inventory and cocktail creation, I get to put together some fun events for the restaurant and great experiences for our guests.
- I have a degree in Elementary Education with a couple of specializations from the University of Iowa with a minor in psychology.
- I have had the amazing privilege to help many, MANY of my close friends organize their weddings! Countless times, I’ve been the bridesmaid, personal attendant, and so with my events experience – working with Soiree is just a natural fit!
- I also am always the planner for friends’ bridal showers, and bachelorette parties as well as baby showers, and lots of birthday parties. I have always enjoyed planning events, and so when any of my friends need help I eagerly jump at the chance!
- I spend my mornings creating memories with my little man. My year and a half old son, Walter, definitely keeps me busy these days, but his hugs are the greatest reward.
- I love the outdoors, coffee (like every toddler mom), wine and traveling. I love to hike and do pretty much any activity you can on a lake. One of my big goals is to explore every one of the National Parks.
All About Dacey
- I got my start into the event industry through starting to work at high-end floral studio.
- Dacey is a huuuuuge fan of Survivor, the movie Love Actually and has also fallen in love with The Bachelor franchise (just like the rest of us)!
- She loves weddings because she loves to celebrate two people who are madly in love and devote themselves to each other forever! She’s a sap for a great love story! You’ll definitely catch her tearing up at some point in the day – in the best way!
- Every wedding gives her so much inspiration and gets her creativity flowing
- Dacey’s boyfriend’s family has a bunch of cows on their family farm and loves helping out there – she’s a jack of all trades!
All About Haley
- Hello brides! My name is Haley! I’m originally from the suburbs of Chicago, but I now live in the Quad Cities.
- I went to the University of Iowa where I got my degree in elementary education. During the day, I’m a fourth grade teacher to my sweet students.
- I was actually a Soiree bride myself during the 2021 summer when I married my hubby, Evan. Together we have a mini goldendoodle named Jovie (from the movie Elf–one of my favs!)
- I’m super Type A and always need to have a plan. When you have 25 tiny humans to take care of, or a big wedding party to keep track of, you have to be organized!
- I am THE planner in my friend group…and my marriage😂!
- I LOVE all things that allow me to be creative or DIY. Whether that’s doing interior design projects around our home, planning unique weddings with our amazing brides, having fun with photography, or creating graphic design–being creative and helping others is my jam!
- When I’m not helping brides plan their wedding, or spending my day teaching 9 and 10 year olds, I can be found reading, working out, cooking, or watching bad reality T.V.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with mac n’ cheese…and Amazon Prime. But who doesn’t, right?!
- I’ve always been a hopeless, cheesy romantic, and I live for love stories. Yes I LOVE romance books and romcom shows/movies, but seeing your love stories and weddings in person top those any day of the week!
- That’s all about me, I can’t wait to learn more about YOU!
“We had an awesome experience working with Emily! She is so fun and easy to talk to! We were able to bug her with questions for over a year before our wedding! She has the perfect advice and is able to be involved as much or as little as you need her! She also introduced us to an amazing photographer! Emily was very organized and detail oriented. She really helped communicate with all our vendors, and that really made the day of the wedding run smoothly!
– Rebecca & Zack