Soirée’s Guide to Fun Weekend Activities to Recommend to Your Guests in Des Moines, Iowa
Looking for some fun things for your guests to do during your wedding weekend in Des Moines, Iowa?
Look no further! Sara, one of Soirée’s Wedding Planning associates created this amazing list of fun things to do. From a day-long itinerary for different activities to recommendations on where to go for shopping and eating, she has your plans covered with lots of links and tips! Thank you so much, Sara!
Brunching and Boozing
- Brunch Buffet with endless mimosas/bloody mary’s at Americana
- Walk/take photos around Sculpture Park
- Drive 5 minutes (or rent bikes at Sculpture Park, 15 minute bike ride) to East Village for shopping – check out:
- Afternoon cocktails/snacks nearby
Let’s Get Crafty!
- Breakfast at La Mie Bakery or, if you want something lighter, get morning smoothies at The Juice Company
- Tour Mainframe Studios – a collection of over 20 artists in one space
- At Mainframe Studios plan a private class with JJ Gaffers Hand Blown and Stained Glass Art
- For lunch try Eatery A – they have great pizza, cocktails and small dishes!
- Afternoon cocktails/snacks nearby: Cheese Bar, Sakari Sushi Lounge or El Patio
- Early lunch at Trellis in the Botanical Gardens
- Tour Botanical Gardens
- Visit Art Terrarium potting bar, for caffeine fanatics grab something hot at Horizon Line Coffee before the potting bar
- Afternoon cocktails/snacks nearby: Centro, Bubba or Malo
- Book private group at Lumber Axe DSM
- Alternate Idea: rent kayaks, canoes or paddle boards at Gray’s Lake Park
- Breakfast at St.Kilda Cafe & Bakery
- Visit West End Architectural Salvage – if you’re still hungry, grab coffee and a baked good inside!
- Drive to The Hall DSM – they partner with food trucks and have a huge beer selection
- Walk to Valley Junction and get ready for some great antique shopping! Some favorites are: Hinge, Atomic Garage, and Sisters
- Plan a private Pottery Lesson with your group at Kunzler Studios in Valley Junction
Please Don’t Stop the Music!
Downtown Des Moines:
- Dancing, Strong Drinks & Drag Shows
- Country Lovers
- Younger Crowd, Great Dancing
- Silent Disco
- Live Jazz/Big Band
- BYOB & play ping pong, darts, foosball, shuffleboard, bags and pool table
- Ricochet DSM (cover charge to get in)
- Arcade Games with 90’s nostalgia
- Ax Throwing
- Live Sports
- Rent Big Yellow Bike (fits 16) and pub crawl around downtown Des Moines!
- Pickleball courts, bags, outdoor games, food trucks and drinks
- Arcade Bar
- Ax Throwing
Perfect Cocktail Bars
- Mid-century modern and vintage vibes
- Dark & Modern
- Light & Airy
- Fancy Tiki Bar
Other Nighttime Ideas!
- Check out Comedy Club, Funnybone, to see who is performing
- Live music venues, check their schedules for details!
- Family Friendly Ideas
Still thirsty? We got you!
Head to Court Avenue and try some of Des Moines favorites!
- German Style Bier Hall
- Amazing late night pizza & fun tiki drinks
- Tons of beer, great food and fun atmosphere
Must Taste Local Brews: